Welcome to my blog....

I have started this blog back up recently. I hope you enjoy reading my posts!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Who do you think you are??

That show on TV always inspires me to want to work on my family tree. I am up to 834 people, 17 generations,  and 332 different surnames!! The earliest birth I have is in the year 1435 that belongs to my 14th Great Grandfather on my paternal grandfather's branch. The research has been interesting and fun...
      Speaking of research, today I have been stuck on finding the date of my Great Grandmother's 2nd wedding. I was very surprised to find her name, and my Grandmother's on a census that was taken after my Great Grandfather had passed away, but listed my Great Grandmother as married, and showed my Grandmother as the head of household's step-daughter. I would have never thought to look for that information had I not received an email from ancestry.com with the "ancestry hint" leading me to that census.....

         Good grief!!! It's been 20 minutes since I finished that last paragraph. I had gone back to my tree looking for more ancestry hints.... I did find some hints for my husband's side of the tree. One tree had his Great Grandfather on it. After searching the tree, I figured out that the lady who made it is a very distant cousin to Jason. There were a few other trees also....

   I am also waiting to get more stuff in the mail from my Uncle Bob to help with my Mom's family's branches. I'm a little worried about our lack of mail lately though. Three whole days without mail....Who does he think he is??? (He= the mail man)

No comments:

Post a Comment