Welcome to my blog....

I have started this blog back up recently. I hope you enjoy reading my posts!

Monday, February 21, 2011

How many maintenance men does it take to screw in a light-bulb?

      No, unfortunately I do not mean for that title to be a joke. I guess sometimes it's nice to rent and sometimes it's not. It is nice to be renting when something big that needs repaired happens, and we are not financially responsible for the repair cost......but on the other hand, sometimes it's annoying to wait on the small stuff to be fixed.....all we can do as tenants is turn in a piece of paper or  make a phone call and cross our fingers that it'll be taken care of sooner rather than later.
         ONE LIGHT-BULB PEOPLE!!!! With the hours we are awake now, we need lights to see. Now the checklist as we go anywhere... purse...check....cell phone...check....keys....check....FLASHLIGHT......<sigh> check.....Really???  No, we aren't camping (although the surroundings might fool you.) That is just what we need to take with us now. What really gets me is that the maintenance man lives in our building. Maybe he eats more carrots than we do, but he also has to have trouble seeing at night I would think...
         Jason would go out and change the bulb himself if it didn't have a spotlight type casing around it, plus we don't own many tools or a stepladder. In the time it is taking me to write this blog, the light bulb could have been changed. Just the one light-bulb in our breezeway.  Oh yeah... when we did actually have snow and ice here in Texas, our breezeway was pitch black. I realize the maintenance man could have slipped, but there are ways to get rid of snow and ice. Anyway, I feel that we've been more that a little patient. This will be request 4 or 5....I've lost count...

No comments:

Post a Comment